At My 3 Sons we are here to take care of all your moving needs.
However, we charge an hourly rate and if you’re on a budget and are looking to save money here are some tips to help reduce the time:
- Remove the mattress and box spring and disassemble the bed frame.
- Disconnect the washer and dryer by removing the water lines and dryer vent.
- If you have any dressers with mirrors attached, remove the screws in the back to take off the mirror.
- Label boxes so your movers know exactly where to put them in your new home.
- Placing the boxes in one area close to the front door can make things go faster as well. For example, putting all of your boxes in the garage so that your movers can simply load them onto the dolly and wheel it into the truck is much faster than the movers bringing boxes down from an upstairs bedroom.
- Disassemble the dining room and kitchen tables by removing the legs.
- Pack all small items and loose articles in closed and sealed boxes or place them in your vehicle.
Be sure to save any screws or nails in a small Ziploc bag when disassembling furniture so that the pieces may be put back together easily. These tips will help the move go faster which will ultimately save you money. We know moving can be stressful and if you feel that you don’t have the time or you’re unsure how to do these time saving techniques, we are happy to do it for you!